Monday, August 23, 2010

Waiting...

The time has come
The time is now
Baby K. Hamaker, will you please COME NOW!

I hit 38 weeks yesterday, that's full term! 8 of you voted that baby would come this week, and I hope you are right. I am ready for her to come. A crazy nervous energy hits me all the time now that makes me want to prepare for the baby in every way possible (I'm guessing this is what people refer to as "nesting"). Problem is, everything is ready. The hospital bag has been packed for 2 months since we returned home from the hospital the first time. Her clothes are washed and hung up in closet or folded and put away in her drawers. Her bassinet is ready, filled with everything I will want in the bedroom at 3 in the morning: diapers, wipes, receiving blankets, burp cloths, and more. Her car seat is ready and installed in the car. I've figured out how to use my Moby. I've read all my books on labor and delivery and baby care. What else is there to do? What are you waiting for baby?

I don't care.
You can go by bike.
You can go on a Zike-Bike if you like.
If you like you go in an old blue shoe.
Just go, go, GO!
Please do, do, DO!

Baby K. Hamaker,
I don't care how.
Baby K. Hamaker,
will you please COME NOW!

If you wish you may go by lion's tail
Or stamp yourself and go by mail.
Baby K. Hamaker!
Don't you know
the time has come
to go, GO, GO!
(adapted from Dr. Seuss' Martin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now )

3 comments:

Katie B said...

I'm so anxious!

Yimleej said...

Baby K. Hamaker... is that a hint that you're naming it after Katie?! I'm on to you! Good luck, hope she comes soon!

The Carlsens said...

It is so rough waiting. I'm excited for you two though. You'll love it.