Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Vinyl Project

Here's another project I did before being sentenced to bed rest. It's a dry erase family planning board. I got the idea from Somewhat Simple, and bought the vinyl letters from her etsy shop. (PLEASE ignore my hair in these pictures, yuck! Remember, even before I was stuck on bed rest I still had to take it really easy and spent most of my time in a reclined position).

This project was really fun and easy. You just use a sharpie to draw your lines on the back side of the glass and then attach the letters. Then you can write with dry erase markers on the front. My old marker board that this replaced was much smaller and stained from the markers. Glass doesn't get that black buildup.

If you were wondering, I bought the frame from Michaels (when frames were 50% off and I had a "extra 20% off your total purchase" coupon too!)

The original tutorial from Somewhat Simple does not use the back piece to the frame, but I was afraid of the glass popping out so I kept the back piece and placed wrapping paper behind the glass.

Isn't the finished product so cute? I love it! It looks so much nicer than our old marker board, and it's perfect for keeping us organized.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love it! I think I'll have to try and do one for our home...I'm so tired of having big calendars in the house....they almost never look good in a room. Good luck with your pregnancy by the way, I'm so sorry you're on bed rest. Miss you!!

Robyn said...

Love it!
Just a month or less until baby comes, right?

Katie B said...

Wow, I love this! I may have to copy...

Brooke and Josh said...

Hey Angela! I came across your blog. I absolutely love your new vinyl hobby. You are so talented. I wish I could do cool home projects like that. So creative ;0)