We really wanted to make our study into a nice baby's bedroom. First we bought I nice white tall book shelf. Then we replaced our huge Ikea table/desk for a smaller prettier (Angela's word not mine) desk.
But we still had some major projects left, so I enlisted some back-up to help me before I had to go back to school. Super Mom to the rescue! My mom came down and spent the whole day slaving away with me to paint the Baby's room. I know if she wasn't there I wouldn't have been able to keep Angela from helping.
We finished, and even I think it looks great... and it's pink! My mom said that the color made her want to eat it like cotton candy.
We had an old book shelf in the study that one of Angela's roommates had gotten from the DI, and then because it was ugly and a bit beat up she was just going throw it away. We were... well are poor so we took it and have loved it since. However, it was in bad need of repair and in the words of Glenda the Good from Wicked, completely Hideodus!
So I glued and nailed the parts that were broken. Sanded it. Drilled new holes for the shelves. And put a whole in the back so we can put a speaker set in the top shelf. Then with the help of my mom we painted it.
I think it looks like new! It matches the new pillows Angela made.
Finally we got a bassinet for the baby. It has wheels and roles really easily. So for the first little bit, we plan on keeping it in our bedroom.
It double's as a changing table too, and has all these great pockets to keep diaper changing materials.
I think the baby's room now looks a lot more like a baby's room and less like a study.
Some of the native animals in Houston pitched-in to tidy up the Nursery for the baby.
(Disclaimer: the below paragraph was written with a specific audience in mind. If you don't get it, don't worry about it.)
You might be scratching your head at this point and saying to yourself, I recognize the sheep, owl, very fat blue bird, and pink cupcake and know they are native to Texas, but how did the Yak get to Houston?
Yes the Baby Yak is actually not native to the Houston area, and the scientists in the Hamaker branch here have been working tirelessly to find out why it has suddenly changed its habitat some 300 miles from Layton, Utah to Texas.
We have determined that it is most likely due to global warming. We'll keep you updated on this important issue.

5 comments:
Looks adorable! Super cute nursery! not much longer left :)
Angela looks fantastic! Perfectly pregnant. And cute cute room!
Yay yay yay!!! I love the room!!! How's the Yak adjusting? Looks like it fit right in :)
Super cute room....and I would have been glad to come and help, for sure!!!!! But it doesn't look like you needed any. Only a few more weeks left...and we are still praying that September will still be the little one's birth month!
Love you BOTH!
A.J.
Yay! Its the yak! I haven't seen him in about a year! Good to see he is well taken care of. Very cute pink colored wall - I love it. Looking forward to seeing the ruffle crib skirt! Very cute!
Post a Comment