I went to my doctor yesterday (Tuesday) and discussed inducing me. I told him I wanted to be induced as soon as possible because my parents are in town and I would hate for them to fly home without seeing the baby! So, he called the hospital to put me into the system and I was told not to eat or drink after midnight, then to call the hospital at 5:30 am to see if I could come in. So last night we made sure everything was packed for the hospital bag (which has been packed since the first week of July) charged up our phones, ipod, and camera battery and went to bed a little anxious.
This morning I woke up and called the hospital at 5:30am only to learn that they didn't have any open beds for me and to call back at 9am. At 9 I called back and was told I was 3rd in line for being induced, and maybe by 11 I could come in. So I still haven't had a bite to eat or a sip of water since last night and I'm anxiously trying to stay busy doing things around the house to distract myself. If lots of women come into the hospital this morning going into natural labor then I will just have to wait until tomorrow and repeat this process all over again. Sigh. I might have gone insane by that point.
UPDATE: Well, LOTS of lucky women went into labor naturally today and so the inducing has been rescheduled for tomorrow. I may have to accept the fact that I am just going to be pregnant forever.
3 comments:
Good luck tomorrow!
Wow! What an ordeal! If they don't have beds tomorrow you should just stay home and Jeff can deliver the baby for you - But wait until noon, they're doing a training on the Deliver-a-baby activity after class.
We could probably even sneak over to the hospital and snag some pitocin for you...
i've been compulsively checking your blog every hour or so for updates, and tons of classmates ask me if I know how you are both doing. We're all thinking of you!
Post a Comment