Sunday, September 12, 2010

Coming Home



Friday night was a long night.  I guess Christine thought that she was born first thing in the morning, when she was actually born at 8:17 p.m.  So she was most awake start about 8 at night, and then became very sleepy at about 7 am.  So we'll have to work with her to switch around her biological clock.
Angela was brought this breakfast on Saturday morning.  We're really not sure what the person was thinking that threw the small cherry tomato and the sad, wilted sprig of parsley on this plate.  Were these garnishes meant to make the blueberry muffin and waffles look more appetizing??
Here we are getting ready to go home.
We had to wait for the nurse to bring a wheel chair for Angela.  I'm not sure why this is hospital policy, since she was perfectly well enough to walk around.  Well, regardless, we got to bring her home!  It was incredibly strange driving home and realizing that we had a baby in the back seat.  I just can't wrap my head around the idea that this is my daughter!
I think the skirt Angela made turned out great!
Once we got home, we had to rush Angela's Dad off to the airport.  On the way up to the airport, the Houston police department decided that there was no need for anyone to travel northbound on highway 59 on a Saturday!  So they just shut down that side of the highway.  It was ridiculous!  Luckily we still got to the airport in time.
Here she is in her pink night gown.
After all the work and waiting, I can't believe she's here.  She is already bringing such joy into our lives.  She can't wait to meet all of our friends and family.

4 comments:

Katie B said...

I can't wait to meet her either! It'll have to wait a little though, I just caught a cold. No germs for that little doll!

Jessica said...

That is the strangest combo breakfast I have ever seen. Christine is too cute!

Katrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

So I wasn't feeling ready to head to hospital for our little guy... but now? THAT BREAKFAST!! I'm totally stoked! :) I am counting the days until I feel so special to be served such a luxurious breakfast!

On a non-sarcastic note, Christine is so adorable! Thanks for letting us visit and hold her for a bit. Glad you're doing well, hopefully there is more sleep in store for you soon. ;)