Friday, April 22, 2011

Ode to Broccoli

As we have been introducing solid foods to Christine it has been fun to see what her favorites are. She has liked everything we've given her... until now. Jeff and I have written a poem to help you understand how Christine feels about her newest food...

Broccoli
Broccoli, oh broccoli, you are so gross
Broccoli, oh broccoli I hate you the most
I would rather chew on my shoe
Then take another bite of you
No more broccoli, please, oh please!
Prunes, green beans, or peas
Or even mommy’s keys
I would rather eat any of these
I would eat my blanket without a care
I would eat a wrench on a dare
But nothing's better than Daddy’s hair
Before we eat, can I have a word?
I’d rather have a small stuffed bird
Or a diaper, how absurd!!
I enjoy a plastic tomato in the afternoon
Then I'll take a taste of my metal spoon
My feet are such a tasty treat
Plastic carrot you are so sweet
A camera lens cover would be just fine
On a cardboard picture I would dine
I’d even eat a book of mine
But Broccoli, no no NO!
Broccoli, you are my foe
Stay away from me
Nasty broccoli

4 comments:

grandma said...

Loved your post. You'll be replacing Dr. Suess with such poems as this. Always love the pitcures.

Jessica said...

I love you guys! A-mazing

Janie said...

This is just the CUTEST!!! I agree with Deborah...Dr. Suess Hamaker!

#-----------0------------#

Elliott said...

oh man sooooo cute