Jeff and I both agree she is much more fun as a moving, smiling, playing baby than a crying, never-sleeping infant. 7 months seems to be the magic number. Christine sleeps wonderfully (which means mom does too!!! FINALLY) and Christine is getting much better at playing by herself for little stretches of time.
Christine is very curious. She is especially curious of all of Mommy and Daddy's gadget's, like the cell phones, laptops, cameras... everything she shouldn't play with! I love her face in this photo, she is intensively studying the phone, so sure that she can figure out how to work it.
One of Christine's favorite pastimes is to go for walks in her stroller. We go for walks around the apartment complex visiting the pools and the mailbox, and sometimes we sneak into the apartment complex across the street and go for walks around their lake. The below picture actually isn't our stroller. Gigi got a stroller to keep at their house so I don't have to remember to pack the stroller every time we come up to visit them. Gigi takes Christine to visit their mailbox too!
Christine isn't crawling yet, but she loves to lung for things. Although, I have a feeling that she might figure it out pretty soon. All I have to do is keep my things (remotes, cell phone, camera lens cover) out of her reach but still in sight.
Today Christine indicated that bananas are her favorite food by eating an entire tub at one sitting. Jeff was hesitant to keep feeding her, but she kept smiling opening her mouth going maa-maa-maa.
Currently Christine is making 3 distinct sounds. The interpretation of which are still uncertain. However, using time-tested research techniques, we've learned that mama seems to mean food, milk, or mom which in reality are all synonyms for obvious reasons. dada we think means dad or 'carry me' which are also synonyms. The third sound is blah blah blah which definitely means 'I'm bored', as confirmed at a recent visit to the Houston Fine Arts Museum.
When Christine gets hold of something new and exciting she starts breathing heavily, her eyes get very large and begins hyperventilating- especially if it is paper or a paper product including cardboard, magazines, envelopes, grocery lists. Recently one of our friends gave her a magazine to play with and upon seeing this reaction asked "Is she upset or really excited?"
3 comments:
Ooh! I can't wait to come and see that adorable little girl! She is growing up so quickly! I just bought our tickets. We are coming!
My mom happened to look at your blog and made a point to tell me how cute Christine is :)
Yay for everything going smoother and more fun! I think ever month gets better and better. That little girl is such a doll!
mastitis..try pineapple juice..in case it happens again and you haven't already... :)
Post a Comment