Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Binky Smile" and other updates on life

I have been trying for a long time to try and get a picture of Christine's "binky smile"- when she's enjoying her binky and you can just see the corners of her smile. It's very hard to capture because whenever I pull out the camera she stops smiling and focuses all of her attention on how to get the camera from me. This is the best shot I have gotten, and it's not even a real smile. (what is the correct spelling of binky? binkey? "pacifier smile" doesn't sound as cute)

My allergies have been TERRIBLE this last week, and since I am still breastfeeding Christine I can't take ANY of the good drugs (like Sudafed. Oh how I miss you Sudafed!) I am just praying that this doesn't turn into a sinus infection.

Jeff is DONE with his Medicine rotation! Jeff loved it all, but Christine and I did not enjoy the long hours he spent at the hospital, nor did we enjoy our weekends alone, going to church on our own, eating alone, this list could go on and on. The worst of it was knowing that this is just the beginning... it was a glimpse into my life as a wife of a resident. I'm happier if I try not to think about it.

Yesterday as I was making dinner I opened the cupboard and a HUGE cockroach went crawling across the cupboard door above my head. 5 minutes later the smooshed cockroach's carcass was in the dumpster outside (it creeps me out to even have the dead body of a cockroach in the house- what if it comes back to life? cockroaches are indestructible you know!) all evening long I kept seeing cockroaches crawling on the wall out of the corner of my eye, of course nothing was there, I just go a little crazy after having nasty bugs in my house. It's a small price to pay for summer weather 11 months of the year.

Christine doesn't like cockroaches either.

1 comment:

Katie B said...

cockroaches are the most disgusting lifeform on the planet. Blech.

Sean keeps reminding me how bad it'll be as a resident. It's so bad already!

And I say it's "binky"