Tonight Jeff and I were reading our blog archives remembering our past Thanksgivings and we saw a post I wrote in 2008 called Tagged. Jeff and I thought it would be fun to do again.
8 TV Shows I watch (and Jeff watches by default because I control the remote)
1 Parks and Recreation (our FAVORITE!)
2 The Office (this season is much better now that Michael is gone)
3 Pysch
4 Project Runway (just started the first episode of Project Accessory)
5 Gilmore Girls (I'm working my way through all the seasons... again)
6 Kitchen Nightmares (LOVE chef Ramsey)
7 Ugly Betty (on Netflix)
8 Ramsey Best Restaurant
8 Favorite Restaurants
1 Chuys
2 I can't think of any other ones. We actually haven't been to a restaurant in a loooong time. Unless you count Saturday, I had a coupon for a free soft serve ice cream cone at Burger King. I might go to McDonald's next week because I have a coupon for a free dollar menu item.
8 Things that happened yesterday
- Went to the Houston Temple. My sweet friend Angie watched Christine for us.
- Got my hair cut. It's nice to have decent looking hair again.
- Went shopping at the Galleria. Jeff had the day off from studying since he is starting a new rotation next week, so he took Christine while I got my hair cut then we went to a few stores. I am looking for a pair of riding boots... couldn't find any that I liked and fit my calves right. Trying to find Jeff some "cool surgeon" tennis shoes. Did you know that it is trendy to have neon souls poking out under your scrubs in the operating room?
- Bought Christine some clothes at Children's Place (some long sleeve shirts, pants, and a hoodie, we are getting ready for Winter). That girl has her daddy wrapped around her finger. All she does is say "dada!!!" and he'll get her whatever she wants. Christine ran around the store like a crazy person, she knew we were at "her store" She loved that the racks were at her level and she would run to the clothes within her reach and hug them. Jeff had to take her out of the store to get her to calm down. She doesn't act like this at other stores, just her store.
- Sung 12 rounds of Ittsy Bittsy Spider, 9 rounds of If You're Happy and You Know It, 3 rounds of Little Monkeys hanging from a Tree, read Fancy Nancy 4 times, read That's Not My Bunny 58 times
- Picked up Christine's toys... over and over again.
- Washed and folded laundry
- Stayed up late finishing two posters to announce the ward Christmas Party. I was really grouchy because I was so tired and wanted to go to bed.
8 Things I am looking forward to
- Thanksgiving this week! We are excited to see lots of family
- Christmas music. I am pulling out the Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving
- Putting up Christmas decorations... I didn't really get to enjoy any Christmas traditions last year because of Christine's colic (I cringe just remembering that time). So it feels like we haven't had Christmas for two years.
- Jeff finally being home at a reasonable hour now that he is off surgery.
- Christmas crafting!!!! I have soooooo many projects I want to do.
- Finishing up Physical Therapy (we are down to just once a month now!!) When I first started taking Christine we had to go in every week.
- Psych coming back up on Hulu (they used to put episodes up online the day after they air, now they are making us wait 30 days after it airs! next week we will finally have a new episode to watch)
- Did I mention Christmas crafts?????
8 Things on my wish list
- A house. One with a good water heater and a dishwasher that doesn't sound like a tank from WWI is driving though our kitchen.
- A backyard. One with a fence and lots of room for Christine to run around
- Double A batteries. Elmo is dead and Christine is devastated. We need Elmo singing "Nose, it helps us smell and sneeze" back in our lives.
- An off switch to Winnie the Pooh singing book. Christine looooooves that thing, and there are times I wish I could turn it off so I wouldn't have to listen to Pooh singing "A funny honey story book!" over and over again.
- For Jeff to do well on his upcoming Step One exam.
- For all the cockroaches in Texas to become extinct.
- All the little inchworms too.
- And mosquitoes.
2 comments:
Did parks and rec make you so happy this week? Oh man, love those characters.
You have to take Christine to PT? I didn't know that. Sorry I'm such a bad friend. Glad she doesn't have to go as often!
Down with the cockroaches!
Hey I ran across your blog somehow and I just love reading all about your cute family!! Your daughter is so adorable!! I had to laugh at your post because we have that same stupid winnie the pooh book that has no off switch and I swear its possesed because it goes off all the time by itself! I think it is mainly to annoy the heck out of me!! Anyways!! Good keeping up with you!! We have a family blog as well thegleavefamily.blogspot.com....it is private though so let me know if you want an invite!!
Post a Comment