Monday, November 28, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Our first Halloween in Houston Jeff told me he wanted to invited his buddy from med school and his wife over to our house so I could meet them. We played board games and we may have watched a movie (I can't remember). Now 3 years later (and 3 babies later!), we are still continuing our tradition of Halloween fun.
This year was much better than last year when Jeff and I attempted to carve pumpkins while trading off holding a screaming baby.
We still had to trade off, but it was to entertain the kiddos! Liam and Dash have lots of cool toys and books.

Unfortunately, even without the colicky baby Jeff and I still lost the pumpkin carving contest. Jeff made the Pooh Bear pumpkin inspired by Christine's favorite sippy cup, and I made the BOO pumpkin. It was a lot cooler in my head. If I were to do it again I would print out the letters in a cool font beforehand and trace the letters onto the pumpkin. The little pumpkins are Liam, Dash, and Christine's. They LOVED hauling their little pumpkins around the house with them.

After carving pumpkins we played outside (we are VERY jealous of their yard... I dream of having our own little outdoor space!) Liam and Dash have the COOLEST slide that Christine loved playing on. Then Katie took some family pictures of us so we can have an updated one on our wall.
Nice bum Liam! 

Thanks Bradleys for being a part of our Halloween tradition!

No comments: