Thursday, February 6, 2014

Memories

Angela was telling me a funny story, and she said the punch line in a funny voice. Christine immediately repeated the same line in the same tone of voice, and then let out a huge Guffaw. "Isn't that funny mommy?"

When I was bathing Christine the other night, she wanted to sing Twinkle Twinkle little star. After that she said, "Daddy do you want to sing Good Night Pony?" I assumed this must be a song from the music makers class that Angela and Christine go to each week. "I don't know that one Christine."  "Oh, I'll teach you!"
Then she began singing "Good Night Pony" to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...  Pony Pony, pony pony pon, pony pony good night, pony pony pon pon pon, like a rainbow up high! good night pony pony pony pony, like a rainbow in the sky!"  And then she laughed.

Jacob loves to do everything Christine does and be wherever she is. He is constantly on the move and is extremely fast. My least favorite part of the day is trying to dress him. He kicks and squirms around.  Today was the typical wrestling match. I had just gotten the last snap snapped when he escaped from my grasp and takes off out of the room. By the time I stood up to follow him he had already made it into the bathroom to where the action was!


Jacob loves the book Run Mouse Run.  It is, in fact, the only book I can get him to sit still long enough to read all the way through.  I'm not sure who's side of the family has the crazy energy gene, but both of our kids got it, go figure. Jacob will also let me read him Barnyard Dance if he can watch Christine act it out. Barnyard Dance is a Sandra Boynton book with the rhythm of a square dance. Christine uses Tangy bear as her partner.  She especially likes promenading with Tangy Bear, 2X2.

We went to Sam's Club yesterday to buy a new battery for the car. As we were waiting we found some really good deals on some Disney DVDs. We decided to get Brave. We thought it would be a good surprise for Christine for Valentine's day.  The whole shopping trip Angela and I were incredibly careful to hide the DVD from Christine to keep it a surprise.  The next morning, Christine told Angela, "Mommy, we should get ALL my princess movies out so we can count them."  "Why do we need to count them?"  "Because I got a new princess movie at the store last night, so we should know what number we have, yeah we should do that."  Angela at this point is thinking to herself, there is no way she saw us buy that DVD yesterday.  So she tries to play dumb, "What new Princess movie did you get?"  "The one that Nana and Papa have."  Angela thinks to herself, How the heck did she notice that! Well there's no way she could have seen it long enough to tell which one of the princesses it was. "Which princess movie?" "Oh the one with Merrida!" Dang it! our kids are too smart.

Jacob loves looking out of the front windows. He especially loves when cars drive by. My favorite part of the day is coming home.  The kids are often sitting at the window watching for me.  They then run to meet me at the door. Actually Christine comes barreling through the door and Jacob is crawling right after her.  I'm not sure if Jacob is as excited to see me, as he is excited to try to get a hold of all my work stuff like my stethoscope and bag that I change out of.  He loves getting in to anything he is not supposed to.

No comments: