Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas

Remember our little tinny tree? Now that we finally have a house we were able to buy a REAL Christmas tree! I went out with the kids on black Friday all by myself and got us this beauty. I was really excited to finally have a real tree. I had grand plans to make a bunch of new ornaments and fun things, but all I had time for was the Christmas tree skirt.
 GiGi and PaBruce drove out to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us. Christmas Eve we made Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and for dinner our traditional Chimichangas with Spanish Rice. yummmmmm.
 Christmas night Christine sang us all her favorite Christmas songs (With help from Pooh Bear who came along with GiGi)
I made Christine and Jacob matching Christmas pajamas but I just realized now while looking through my pictures that I didn't get any photos of the pjs! ahhh.
This is the best pictures I have of Christine's pjs. There are zero pictures of Jacob's pjs because he had a diaper blow out that required changing into another pair.
Christmas morning Jacob was up bright and early, but Christine slept in. When she finally woke up, she came out and saw all the presents and broke down into tears because the presents were all wrapped and she couldn't tell if she got her most wished for present, clothes for minnie mouse. It was rather disappointing to mommy who was looking forward to the magic of Christmas morning. After Christine saw her stocking though, she turned around.
Speaking of stockings, the green bear on the right is named Candy Cane who we got at McDonalds at Thanksgiving. Christine loved Candy Cane so much we went back to McDonalds in hopes of getting another cute little bear but they were completely out of the toys. It was so disappointing. Christine was really hoping for the penguin and couldn't stop talking about the purple penguin. So Santa got on ebay and got the entire set of all 8 animals. It was a Christmas miracle.
 Minnie Mouse did indeed get some new clothes.
and Jacob got a new play center with balls, lights, and even plays lots of loud music.

No comments: