It's hurricane season here in Texas. Luckily, Hurricane Alex swept by south of us bringing us only rain. Lots and lots of rain.
Last year we never had any large storms, so this was a first for me. When the rain started slowing down, I looked out our front window and saw several inches of water on the sidewalk. I became a little worried, If I opened the front door would water come inside?
Of course I had to know, so I opened the door. I imagined a pool of water rushing into the living room, but I was wrong (thank goodness!). The sidewalk banks up in front of our door. Phew.
Once the rain stopped, the water drained fairly quickly so the flooding did not last long.
On a completely different note, bed-rest is going well. I doubled my subscriptions on googlereader and that has helped the boredom. I have been watching a lot of TV shows on Hulu and Netflix (Sarah- I am now caught up on the Bachelorette!). I hate the feeling at the end of the day as I look back on my productivity and see that I have accomplished nothing that day... well except grow a baby. That counts as something right?
Last Saturday I broke my bed-rest restrictions because Jeff and I had tickets to Wicked! There was no way I was going to miss that! To be honest, I was terrified I was making a big mistake. I took it really easy, riding all the elevators possible. The show was INCREDIBLE and totally worth it!




No comments:
Post a Comment