Friday, July 2, 2010

Learning Photoshop

After leaving my job, I decided I wanted to pick up some new hobbies to keep me busy. I thought it would be great to be able to take better pictures of our baby when she arrives. So I bought a new camera (more on that later) and I signed up for an online class to teach me how to use photoshop better. 2 years ago I tried to learn photoshop by buying a "Photoshop for Dummies" book, but what I didn't realize about Dummies books is that they are written BY dummies. Seriously, it's a terrible book and just made me frustrated. Anyways, this online class was great and I had a lot of fun learning the basics of photo editing.

Here are some before and after shots that I did for my class that I wanted to share.
Before

After

Before
After (look at Bryce Canyon and the sky, no changes to the people)
Before
After (I LOVE this one! I just wish my eyes were open more)
This is the before, all three below are the afters

Before
After. I love the juxtaposition of the satelite dish in this picture! I don't know what's wrong with the sky though. Doesn't it look odd? I'm still practicing manipulating the colors.

1 comment:

Ashley Keyes said...

Yay! I took that picture of the barn with the nice juxtaposition of the satalite! I love that you used the word juxtoposition :D Your pictures look great!