Sunday, April 13, 2014

The last 8 months through my iphone

I know this is ridiculous, but I just figured out how to upload the pictures Angela messages me to my computer. It's really quite simple, but I've never taken the time to do it.  Angela's Grandpa Clarke just passed away and her and the kids went to Utah for the funeral. So I have a little kid free time to post. Angela's Grandpa was an inspiring man, a Patriarch in all the senses of the word. Though I only knew him for a little while, his influence I have felt through my wife's testimony and example. He left a legacy that will be honored for eternity. We will certainly miss him.

On that note, here are some fun memories I found on my phone.
Christine giving me a sweet smile. This was a phase that she was obsessed with playing cards. The phase ended when Jacob started eating the cards. Soggy cards aren't very fun to play with.


Christine playing with Jacob, before he learned how to crawl and get into everything. Oh those were the days.


This picture helped relieve some of my home sickness at work. I started thinking, "hmm, maybe work isn't that bad."

 Gigi-the great crawling motivator.  Or maybe Jacobs looking at Christine's big thing of balloons, thinking, "Now, I can't remember if I've ever tasted a Hello Kitty wrapped in ribbon. I think I definitely want to taste it."

For a very short time, Jacob would play nicely on the bed, while Angela took a rest and watched Project Runway. I think this only happened twice, before he realized he could jump off the bed and get Mommy to take him back out to the living room.

Christine enjoying her balloons. I had to surreptitiously pock holes in all the balloons, so that we could throw them away.

Christine: "Do you know who this is Mommy?"
 Angela: "Is it Tangie Bear?"
Christine: "No, this guy has a HUGE head!.... It's Daddy!"

Jacob learned to crawl and then to stand very quickly. He is the most active kid I have ever seen.

Jacob taking a Selfie

We got this toy at Christmas at "Other Mother" for only $20. I couldn't believe how good of shape it was in. Jacob quickly mastered it.

This is right after Frozen came out. I love this song!

                                    

Things that keep Angela happy when I have worked 26 days straight.

 Oh and Christine happy. That is powdered doughnut on her face.


Christine made her Crayon's into a house all by herself. She is so independent and creative. She also decided to cut out this piece of fabric all by herself for Tangie Bear's new dress... Angela was not very pleased. On the positive my daughter can cut a straighter line than I can.




Angela's sister, Jessica, came to visit with her kids. It was so much fun! The kids loved their cousins and were very sad to leave. Unfortunately I was not home for very long while they were here, so I didn't get to join in on much of the fun.  While they were here Bill, Jessica's husband, found out that our kitchen sink had been installed poorly and was on the brink of breaking a pipe.  Thankfully he was able to install a new one, which I think is a whole lot nicer.

Jacob has quickly learned to climb.  Here he has climbed up into the sandbox. His upper body strength is incredible. He is not much taller than the sandbox. Angela said she pulled him out and set him on the ground. When she turned back around he had climbed right back in!

Here Jacob is learning to eat solid foods. He loves his Cherrios. He only gets about 1/3 in his mouth, the other 2/3 I get stuck to my foot walking around the house.  He also has mastered his first sign. I mean he has been doing the sign for "more" and "all done" intermittently, but this sign he is adamant about.  He will clearly indicate when he would like more "Cheetos". Big surprise, since it was one of his sister's first words too.  I can't blame them, those baby Cheetos are pretty dang good, especially compared to bland rice cereal.
Thanks for all the great messages love!

No comments: