Sunday, April 20, 2014

February

I haven't been very good at updating our family blog, and I'm a bit behind. I'm actually in Utah at my parent's house right now. I was going through my Picasa web album to see if there were any pictures I could upload to our blog, when I found this post half written and never posted. So here you go, the month of February at the Hamaker's
February went by quickly. We spent a large portion of the month being sick. We all got to take turns going in to the doctor's office. The kids had ear infections, Christine developed a crazy rash as a reaction to the antibiotics. There was vomit in the middle of the night. It was pretty miserable. 
When everyone was healthy, we had fun playing outside. It's finally warm enough to play in the backyard again. The kids love running around.
Jacob has finally stopped trying to eat the grass.
At the end of February Jeff had a week of vacation. We tried our best to maximize our time with Jeff. Our big project was painting our armoire white. The armoire was a hand-me-down piece of furniture that I've always wanted to paint, but it's such a big project we could never tackle it in our tiny apartment. But now that we have a garage it was easy.

Do you notice what Christine is wearing? It's a surgical gown. haha! you see, when items are pulled out for a surgery but never used, even if they are never touched they are no longer considered sterile. So they are thrown away. The surgeons can rescue them from going in the trash, so Jeff brings us home things like surgical gowns that you would think could never be used. But Jeff is determined to find good uses for them.
For Valentines day Christine and I made Chicken Parmesan, with a delicious spinach artichoke fondue that we ate with a baguette and steamed broccoli.

I was afraid Jeff wouldn't get home early enough to enjoy our yummy valentine's meal, but luckily he got off early and was able to eat with us.
Jacob getting into trouble... like always.
Christine being loud... like always.

No comments: