Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter in Utah

Jeff mentioned last week that my Grandfather passed away 2 weeks ago. I flew out with the kids to Utah for the funeral. Since Jeff is doing a miserable rotation right now (Emergency Trauma Surgery) we figured we might as well stay in Utah for a little bit. 
I had to pack really quickly for this trip. I was doing laundry like a crazy person until 10 at night, packed up the suitcases, then left the next morning at 10 am. I packed lots of warm clothes just in case it was freezing in Utah. I was really grateful to find that it was nice and warm. In fact, my parent's lawn is greener than ours. What!?
Christine and Audrey playing in the dirt by the chicken coup. Christine has had so much fun playing with all her cousins. Her favorite cousin is Brian, because he wore a Micky Mouse t-shirt when they came out to our house a few weeks ago. Funny girl.

Christine's favorite part of Grandma's and Grandpa's house is the chickens. She loves going with Grandpa to check for eggs every day.
I didn't even realize when I was getting ready for this trip that we would be in Utah for Easter, so I didn't make ANY Easter preparations. So all the Easter treats I had picked up, Easter dress etc were all left at home. Luckily Grandma took care of that.
Christine had a great time going on an Easter egg hunt with her Grandpa.

The Easter bunny came this morning and brought Christine lots more candy than she would would have ever got at home, lucky girl! and I should add lucky mommy too because the Easter bunny brought me treats, including a Mrs. Cavanaugh's Mindy Mint egg.

No comments: