Monday, July 16, 2012

Dora

I saw this on facebook and watched in about 5 times, and every time I couldn't stop laughing. 
 

 We watch Dora the Explorer almost every single day. It mesmerizes Christine. It's like a reset button for her when she is in a hyperactive state, or just a great 20 minute distraction that let's me cook dinner.  But it's more than that. Christine's favorite shirt is her Dora Shirt. She drives a Dora truck. Her favorite story book is Dora's Backpack. We eat Dora cereal for breakfast. We color in Dora coloring books. When it came time to buy underwear, there was no question, we were buying Dora panties. I think Dora is slowing taking over our lives.

When we go shopping, if there is something with Dora's face on it, Christine WILL find it. There are lots of stores that I'm surprised to find that Dora has infiltrated. Example: the fabric store. I was buying fabric and Christine goes "Dora Dora!!" I look around thinking, "No, she must be saying something else." Then I see the Dora fleece... then I think "Ooooh! Christine would love a Dora fleece blanket...I need to buy that! (Don't worry I resisted. I haven't bought it yet. But as you can see I sure am a sucker when it comes to indulging Christine's love for Dora)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

oh my! Yes! Despite the fact that Soren has never really watched Dora he sings "backpack backpack" all the time! Dora is sneakily addicting. :) Love love that little lady of yours.

Jessica said...

That was hillarious! Thank goodness my boys never got into Dora or else I would have gone crazy!

Janie said...

Whaaaaat? Is this for real...I mean surely not a real movie in the real theater chains!!