Sunday, June 17, 2012

Easter and a fun visit

I thought I was all caught up on pictures, but I forgot Easter!

My sister Ashley and her husband Tyler came to visit us for their spring break. Ashley wrote about the visit on her blog and she took lots of great pictures of the trip. They came while Jeff was writing his Ethics paper (which turned out awesome, he's working on submitting it for publication right now and is presenting it at a conference next week!) so Jeff was able to join in the fun. The highlights of the visit were going to the beach, and to an Astro's game. On one day Jeff had a dentist appointment and some meetings, so I forced Ashley to craft with me (I make all people who come to my house do some sort of craft... beware) while Tyler did his own "crafting" (playing Star Craft) Ashley embroidered some really cute baby clothes she has pictures here

Ashley and Tyler got to spend Easter with us during their visit too. So they got to join us in a little Easter egg hunt. Christine LOVED finding Easter eggs. We had our first egg hunt at play group and Christine picked up on the concept really quick. It was such a hit we had daily egg hunts around the house every day for two weeks after. But for Easter Sunday we had our official egg hunt.
 We hid the plastic eggs in the courtyard of our apartment complex and let Christine run around and find the eggs. As her little bag filled up with eggs I would sneak them out and hide them again so it was a continuous round of egg hunting.



 After Christine had her egg hunt, we did the adult egg hunt where each spouse hid one egg for the other. Guys went first, then the ladies. I thought it was going to be really easy, but Jeff had me stumped. Ashley's egg won for best hiding spot. She put it up in a little tree, wedged between two branches and camouflaged by wrapping leaves around it. When Tyler shook the tree to make sure there weren't any eggs hidden in it, I thought for sure it would drop out, but it stayed! We were all laughing pretty hard watching our spouses rummage through the bushes.

Ashley is pregnant with a little girl. We are so excited for another cousin! She is due in July, but I'm betting she comes this month.


 For Easter dinner we made a delicious dinner of pork chops, mashed potatoes, monkey bread, fresh fruit. and asparagus topped with hollandaise sauce.


Hollandaise is my new favorite thanks to Pioneer Woman who taught me how to make it in a blender. I threw out my old recipe after I tried PW's version. It's delicious for Egg's Benedict yummmm

Thanks for spending your spring break with us Ashley and Tyler!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Did you make Christine's dress? It is so cute!