Pioneer Woman mentioned on her blog last week that on Friday she was coming to Houston for a book signing. (PW just wrote a
children's book about her Basset Hound Charlie). I immediately asked my friend Katie who shares my love for PW (In fact, Katie was the one who introduced me to PW 2 years ago- Katie I owe you big!) if she was going. Of course she was! Excellent.
Katie got us tickets and we all met up to wait in line together. Katie and Sean scored us this awesome table outside. We had a long wait so it was nice that we could sit as we waited for our color to be called.
We got some pizza and ate as Christine, Liam, and Dash stared at each other in their strollers trying to grab each other's feet and binkies.
We also played with Liam and Dash's cool finger puppets

Finally they called our color (pink) and we got in line to go into the store.
While waiting in line we fed Christine some bananas and then she spat them up all over Jeff. Oh dear.
When we finally got to go into the store the babies were getting grumpy. It was well past their bedtimes.

Christine amused herself with a plastic cup (it was windy outside, hence the crazy hair)

Liam and Dash played with the books
Then, finally, there she was! Ree Drummond, PW! I was so giddy to meet her!

She was amazing! She signed my copies of The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, and of course, Charlie the Ranch Dog. and I told her that I made her Chicken Pot Pie for dinner the night before.

Ree loved Christine and signed Christine's book with "Love to Christine, you're so cute!"
Christine grabbed Ree's hair (oh dear!)
What an awesome mother's day present.
1 comment:
That really was fun, cranky babies and all. Lovely pictures! I love how excited you look being with Ree- for good reason, she's changed our lives!
Post a Comment