Every day Christine likes to go on at least one walk outside. Last weekend, she had a special plan for her walk. She was going to walk through meadows of clover and collect some flowers for her mom on Mother's day. Unfortunately, we are in a serious drought here in Houston, so all we could find were some little grass weeds. Christine told me, "Don't worry Daddy. I have an outstanding singing voice, so mommy won't even notice."
--Enter house, Baby says- "Mommy, we brought you a surprise... I often go walking through meadows of clover and I gather arm fulls of blossoms abloom." (I changed the words of the song from "blossoms of blue" to "blossoms abloom" because not all flowers are blue but they are all abloom.)
"I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over..."
"Dear..." man these flowers look awfully tasty.
I'll just take a little bite... Oh wait I'm singing.
I forgot! "Dear Mommy all flowers remind me of you!!"
Don't worry baby told me that although the grass flowers were cute, that I'd better get Angela some real flowers too.
So we went to Lowe's and picked up some Pink Gerbera Daisies and yellow, orange, and white Zinnias. Christine helped us put them in the pots in front of our apartment.
Angela- "Baby, don't eat your stroller strap."
Baby- "I know what would taste better..."
"... your flowers!"
No comments:
Post a Comment