Tuesday, May 17, 2011

8 Months

After Blogger deleted our Mother's Day post, that Jeff had to rewrite and repost, I've been hesitant to blog again... okay, I've been busy and didn't put blogging on the top of my to-do list. Only the top 5 or 6 items on my to-do list get done each day. How do mom's with multiple kids do it? I haven't showered yet today, and it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

Christine is now 8 months old. Seriously, each month with her get more and more fun. Her personality is just shinning through, and it's so fun!
We've added meat to her diet, well, we've tried to add meat to her diet. I gave her a little bit of Gerber pureed chicken that she gagged on and spat out. It smelt horrid and I didn't blame her for not wanting to eat it (it smelt like canned chicken, I hate the smell of canned chicken, is that weird? I only use canned chicken in meals where chicken isn't the main ingredient and is covered in so many other things you can't taste the chicken). I bought some Earth's Best "Turkey Dinner" which is squash and turkey. She likes it much better than the plain chicken but it's definitely not on the list of favorites. It probably ranks next to peas.
3 weeks ago, Christine turned into a crawler. She "army crawls" on her belly using her arms to pull her forward. She can move pretty fast and likes to explore the house. She'll pause to get on her hands and knees and tries to move forward, but will only rock back and forth, then decide to keep moving on that tummy.
Today she pulled herself up to standing. Using the couch to hold her up. WHAT? she only started crawling 3 weeks ago.
About an hour after I texted the grandmas pictures of her standing to celebrate the milestone, I put my finger in Christine's mouth to ensure that the reason she was being so grouchy today wasn't due to teething... except that there was a sharp little tooth in there! haha first tooth AND standing in one day. What a busy baby!

6 comments:

Katie B said...

Wowee, she's just piledriving through those milestones!

jeff said...

Man a lot can happen when you're at work!

Alison said...

baby meat is gross.. no worries! I remember we had a lot leftover when we moved..the most pungent diapers was after she ate some ham..trust me we never gave it to her again! yuck! just make sure they get protein and iron elsewhere and you're good to go..!

kate said...

I really like that brown headband with the flower. if you made that you are super talented.

Janie said...

Love the "teething photo" ... wonder what she's trying to say..."What the #@**% is wrong with my mouth?!!!" Also, the posed photo in the white one-sy is the first time I've seen that serene smile. Usually it's the full-out grin!
Lets see the Beach Photos!

#-----------0-------------#

jess said...

You don't know who I am, but I was in a singles ward with Jeff at BYU. I usually read your blog when Jeff posts a link of facebook because I have a little boy that's a few weeks younger than Christine, and it's fun to read about other babies his age. Anyway, on to the real point of leaving this comment...

Have you tried making any of your own baby food? I bought some ground turkey the other day, cooked it like normal, then threw it in the blender with some liquid. It's probably better than the jarred stuff. That's the only meat we've tried, but I thought I'd pass along the tip!