Monday, February 7, 2011

Prunes

We've added another food to Christine's diet: prunes! yum.

When we pulled out the container of prunes, Jeff and I were debating whether or not prunes were dried up plums. He proposed that prunes are to raisins as plums are to grapes. I countered by saying, no because plums aren't great for digestion like prunes are, and wouldn't prune juice actually be called plum juice then? Grape juice has never been called raisin juice.

The stakes were made: if I was right I would get a new book (PW's love story), if Jeff was right he would get a 30 minute massage. Then wikipedia was consulted. Turns out, prunes ARE dried plums... but only a specific type of plum, not the traditional plum that you would eat. So, we called it a draw. I ordered the book from Amazon and Jeff got a 10 minute massage.

Regardless of whether or not prunes are plums, Christine is NOT a fan.

1 comment:

Katie B said...

Now that's a face! I think we've only given the boys prunes with apple or cherry or something and it's not so bad.

Tell me if that book is worth it! I want to get it but I'm so tired of spending money.