Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 months old!

I can't believe it's been 5 months! whew. Times sure goes by fast with a baby... but at the same time I hardly can remember what it was like before Christine came into our lives.
Sleep training is going great! the first two nights were the hardest, but after that she magically started sleeping much better. I also changed her daily schedule to be more consistent and that has made such a difference- for her and me. I feel like I am finally a sane person. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and support on this. Reading those comments you left on the blog gave me the encouragement I needed.
Christine is currently:
  • sitting up with support
  • rolling over from her stomach to her back
  • loving standing on her feet (with mom holding her up)
  • savoring rice cereal
  • tolerating green beans, prunes, and sweet potatoes
  • pulling blankets over her head to play "Where's baby?"
  • smiling big
  • laughing
  • putting everything in her mouth, favorite thing to put in her mouth: her washcloth at bath time. I now have to use 2 washcloths one for her to eat, one for me to put soap on
  • demanding to be held all day long (I just started working with her on this one, she not too happy about mom's determination to teach her to be content playing on the ground on her own)

2 comments:

Ashley Keyes said...

Awww.. Her smiling picture is so precious!!

Alison said...

get (ok..MAKE..its like 5 or 6 yards of fabric) a moby wrap. look it up.. best baby carrying device ever. I would know..Madi was HUGE