Monday, October 11, 2010

One Month Old

Christine is one month old! I can't believe it's already been a month.
I still feel like we are in survival mode right now. We don't get much sleep and the house is a mess. But I am feeling better, my stitches are almost healed and rarely hurt me now, my mastitis is gone, my feet are shrinking back down to their normal size (I was able to wear a pair of high heels yesterday!) and my stomach is slowly becoming less pudgy.
Christine is so beautiful, even at 3 in the morning when she screaming for milk.
She loves to sleep with her hands stretched out. I think it's adorable.

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Hang in there, soon you'll move beyond mere survival. Don't worry about cleaning. Our house has been clean about three times since the boys were born. Priorities change.

Joy and Dennis said...

Katie is so right. There is a time and season for all things. When our babies are little, we must shift our priorities to be there for them and for ourselves. Nap when they nap (after sneaking in a quick shower so you'll feel better). The house will survive. As long as it is clean enough to not be a health hazard, you're ok!

mj said...

She's so beautiful. Congrats.