Angela's work had a Christmas party last week. It was actually quite fun. We went over and had dinner at her boss's house and chatted and exchanged gifts. The food was excelent, and after dinner we played a Christmas Gift exchange game. The game once again revealed some very obvious differences between Utah and Texas. We were supposed to spend under $15 on a gift, wrap it, and then we would randomly chose our gifts. To decide who got to choose first we drew numbers, and Angela got number 1. She picked out a large bag with a pretty bow... what was inside...

YES!!! A box of Beers of the World. After opening this present I just couldn't help but wonder-- Maybe Santa Claus is real. I know it sounds silly but how else can you explain it... at any rate Cramer would have called it a Festivus Miracle for sure.
Luckily, in the rules of the game the people after you can chose to open a new present or steal the present you already got. One of her co-workers took it away from Angela-- oh drat-- and she ended up with a very lovely candle display. The interesting thing about this whole gift exchange was that the Beers of the World was actually the most fought over present. I also chose a present that would never appear at a Utah gift exchange- it was a calendar called Smart A** Trivia Questions (I sensored the name for all of the children that read are blog, and if you are a child and reading this blog I am obligated to tell you to discuss with your parent why beer and profanity are similar to flaxen cord). I was excited inspite of the explative in its name.
The last blog worthy difference between Utah and Texas was discovered just a few days ago. It's been pretty cold and rainy all week which drives little insects from their homes to find shelter where its ward. On Monday evening, I heard a gut wrenching, only-could-mean-someone-was-dying scream from the bathroom. I come tearing in the room to find this in the bathtub--- Warning do not look at the next picture if you are under 18 or have a heart condition.
Disclaimer-- I was a good husband and smashed the one in the bathroom very quickly, so this is just the closest thing I could find on the internet. Literally it measured 2 and 1/2 inches in length, and looked even more disgusting then this.It was lucky Angela discovered it, because if she had heard the girly scream I would have let loose if I had found it, she might think of me as a little less of a man.
The apartment complex is spraying next week, but in the meantime we have set up some lovely accomodations for our roachy friends. 

3 comments:
Ack! I know this is going to haunt me in my dreams tonight
EEEEEEWWWWW!!!!!! That's so gross!!! I saw a spider on my wall the other day ago... but now I don't think I have anything to complain about....
Welcome to Houston. One of my least favorite qualities of the city.
Now the question is, do you prefer "Utah" Christmas parties, or "Texas" parties??
Post a Comment