Jeff- here
I know its Christmas time, but there were a couple of things that we did in November that we still wanted to blog about.
Over the Thanksgiving break Angela and I and two of our friends, Teddy and Sarah, drove to the Annual Texas Renaissance Festival.
For lunch most people had beer. We had huge turkey legs instead. These definitely fit with the "Everything is bigger in Texas". I would not have wanted to meet up with one of these turkeys in a dark alley.
They were pretty delicious for the first few bites.
They also made me and Teddy feel like men.
In fact we looked so manly that our wives took us over to the romantic gardens.
Angela and Sarah thought it would be great to get a few romantic shots of the couples. 
Here's me kissing my Turkey leg in front of the beautiful fountain. Angela said this was not exactly what she had imagined our romantic shot would look like, so we had to take another one.
We also saw live jousting, although it was definitely staged, it was still pretty exciting. We sat on the Germany side of the jousting tournament. Unfortunately our guy only got runner up. But he did take a beautiful mud-splattering plunge when he got knocked off his horse.
We donated a pack of peanut-butter crackers to his cause... I mean Aliens abducting your family is a pretty horrible plight.
No comments:
Post a Comment