After Ashley's wedding we had a few days in Utah to spend with my family, so we went to Salt Lake to This is the Place Heritage Park. The park is a model pioneer village you walk around and learn about pioneer history and culture. We had fun spending time with my parents and my great-aunts.
Have you heard Brad Paisly's song I'm still a guy that says "When you think that riding a wild bull sounds crazy, and I'd like to give it a whirl" ? Well we thought of this song when Jeff took a few turns on the bull while I watched.
I love this great action shot. My dad would have been gored if this bull were real.
My favorite was learning about yarn, they showed us all of the steps begining with shearing wool from a sheep, cleaning it, combing the fibers, spinning it into yarn on a spinning wheel, dying the yarn with herbs and flowers, then knitting it into a pair of socks! If I were a pioneer I would have been a yarn-maker!
Jeff working on his handwriting
Here Jeff is using a branding iron on wood, they wouldn't let us try it out on a cow.
We had a lot of fun, and learned some interesting things. If you are ever in Salt Lake, I recomend you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment