Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Job details

I promised more details about my job, so here they are.
  • I am going to be working at Baylor, where Jeff is going to be going to school, which means we get to carpool together!
  • I will start next Monday hopefully (We are waiting for my background check to come through)
  • I will be doing research on the Human Microbiome Project. Read about it here. My research is addressing the ethical, legal and social implications raised by the human microbiome research.
  • I am really excited to start! I loved my research job at BYU, and I think it's really cool to be a part of this project.
  • It's a job that I get to use my college education, it's requires me to use my brain, I get to write, and it pays so much better than being a counselor- a real salary job- I've only been paid by the hour in my other jobs. I think I might be a real grown-up now.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. It was quite depressing looking for a job in this crummy job market. Jeff and I are very greatful to find employment, and we are so greatful for our supportive friends and family! Thank you for being there for us!

No comments: