Living on the second floor means less bugs (I pray) but it also meant we had to haul the furniture up the stairs.
The Hamaker's have a moving curse. When Ali and Justin moved, their moped fell on top of Justin. This move we got close to another terrible accident. You see, the very top step of the stairs is about 5 inches taller than the other steps (seriously, how do you mess up that badly when building stairs??). So we kept stumbling on that stupid step, and when Jeff, Bruce (Jeff's dad), and Eric were bringing the armoir up the stairs, that step got in the way, and the armoir almost fell on Jeff's dad! The boys worked together and kept it stable for Bruce to get out under the armoir and he was not hurt. Luckliy I was in the moving truck at this time and did not witness it myself, or else I would have had a panic attack, it could have broken his leg! 
The Hamaker's have a moving curse. When Ali and Justin moved, their moped fell on top of Justin. This move we got close to another terrible accident. You see, the very top step of the stairs is about 5 inches taller than the other steps (seriously, how do you mess up that badly when building stairs??). So we kept stumbling on that stupid step, and when Jeff, Bruce (Jeff's dad), and Eric were bringing the armoir up the stairs, that step got in the way, and the armoir almost fell on Jeff's dad! The boys worked together and kept it stable for Bruce to get out under the armoir and he was not hurt. Luckliy I was in the moving truck at this time and did not witness it myself, or else I would have had a panic attack, it could have broken his leg! 
Zack was a great helper! He used the dust buster to clean the whole apartment and then swept the entry way.
When we had finally hauled everything up to our apartment, we were all exhausted. Houston is SOOOOO HOT and HUMID! I won't describe how much I sweat that day, but needless to say, it was more than I have ever sweated in my life. GROSS! I fear however, it is only going to get more hot, and more humid. Oh dear.




1 comment:
We were soooo excited to help...after all WE GET YOU GUYS FOR FOUR YEARS!!!
#----------0----------#
Post a Comment