I went to write a blog post today and realized I had several drafts I had started. So these posts are a little out of order.
In December I flew to Utah with Christine and Jacob by myself. I remember flying with Christine as a baby and being so scared. hahaha how little I knew! Traveling with one baby and two adults is so easy compared to traveling with two kids and only one adult. The flight there was pretty easy, Jacob slept for most of the time, but the ride back was difficult. Christine fell asleep, laying on her seat and my lap, leaving only half of my lap for Jacob to bounce on. I fed him baby puffs, and tried to keep him from grabbing the hair of the lady sitting next to us, who was not happy being stuck by us. I think it took about 5 years off my life.
Though the traveling was miserable, the trip itself was wonderful! One of the highlights of our trip was getting to see our very dear friends Sarah, Annalia, and new baby Ryan. They moved to Houston around the time we did, and had babies at the same time, and then moved away at the same time. We miss them soooooooo much!Sarah is a super mom and an Occupational Therapist on top of that, so she is always coming up with fabulous kid activities. She brought over some cookies for the girls to decorate.
Sarah was a lifesaver during my pregnancy, helping watch Christine, letting me lie on her couch while Christine played with Annalia's fabulous play house. I wish so much that we still lived nearby each other.
During our trip, we played in the snow, met my parents' chickens, and ate delicious food. Christine's favorite part was playing outside with Papa every day. Mommy stayed inside where it was warm.
Last year Uncle Keith gave Christine a rubber ducky for Christmas, so this year she told me "Uncle Keith is going to give Jacob a rubber ducky" because that's what Uncle Keith's role is right? Luckily Uncle Keith is the best, and after hearing this got a rubber ducky for Jacob. Christine was ecstatic, jumping up and down after opening Jacob's present.
It was fun to see my family again. We definitely don't get to see them enough. (Jacob was already asleep when we took this picture, if you were wondering where he was)
No comments:
Post a Comment