Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Month of August

Time for the summary of the month of August over at the Hamaker's.

August was HOT HOT HOT. Holy smokies it was hot! Everything that had managed to stay alive in July died in August. At least in Houston even when it's hot in the summer everything is very green and lush, and there are big exciting tropical storms that poor buckets of water in mere minutes. Not here. I think I have forgotten what a real rain storm looks like.
Christine's favorite toys right now are leggos and little people. Christine build these little cars for her people. I had assumed that Jeff had taught her how to make them, but when I asked Jeff, he said no. Christine is always surprising me with her creativity.
Right now ALL the stuffed animals have their own blanket. The Hello Kitty Babies share this green one that was originally made for Jacob.
A highlight of this month was getting a "big girl bed" for Christine. She finally moved out of the crib and into a twin bed. For a little while she was sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor, but I finally made up my mind about what bed to buy and bought it! Now the crib is free for Jacob to move into (because he is almost too big for the bassinet! he is so long!) Christine LOVES her big girl bed. I was REALLY afraid she was going to drop her nap time if she was able to just play with all her toys and not be confined the crib (one of the BIG reasons why she has stayed in a crib for so long-- both she and I NEED nap time!!!) but she is still napping (hooray!!!) and stays on her bed until I come get her in the morning.
Christine asks me every morning what day it is. She loves talking about what happens on Monday, Tuesday, etc.  Monday is the day we make "cupcakes" ("Muffin Monday", except she calls muffins cupcakes) and Tuesdays and Fridays are very exciting because those are trash days. haha not sure why it's so fun to help mommy take out the trash.

As you can see in our little garden in the background the cantaloupe were still alive at this point, and the grass was still green. I was hoping our unplanned cantaloupe would produce a melon or two, sigh.
Jacob is doing well. He's very strong. After learning how to roll over, he learned very quickly how to hold his head up high. Now he can roll around several times to get where he wants to go. I'm afraid he is going to learn to crawl early. I know he is going to be quite the trouble maker around here!

No comments: