Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nana and Papa's Visit

Nana and Papa came to visit us for my Graduation and to see Jacob and Christine and our new house.  When we talk about the visit with Christine, she says, "Oh yeah, when Nana was living with us!"
The trip was kind of strange because we started in Houston where my graduation was and ended at the Austin airport.  One problem was that we didn't have a place in Houston anymore.  Thankfully, my parents let us all crash at their place.  
 Here we are taking graduation pictures outside my parents pool. 
  It's full on summer here, which means by the time these pictures were over, I had visible pit stains in my graduation garb.  The morning of graduation I presented my Ethics project: "Empowering Patient Autonomy by Attending to Patient's Spiritual and Religious Beliefs," that I had  been working on for over 2 years.  I was really proud of it, and I got third place! I was excited to get my work out in public so it could start making a difference.
 The day after graduation, after an enfuratingly slow pediatrician appointment, we drove to Temple and made our traditional pit stop at the Blue Bell Factory.  Christine loved Papa carrying her around showing her how the ice cream is made.  The tour lined up perfectly with Jacob's feeding, so Angela skipped out on the tour and met us up at the ice cream parlor.  Christine had rainbow sherbet, Papa had Rocky Road, Nana had red velvet cake, and Angela and I had Italian cream pie.  The Rocky Road was not that great, but the red velvet cake and Italian Cream Pie were outstanding!
For my Birthday/Graduation, Nana and Papa bought me a BBQ! The hardest part about getting the BBQ proved to be filling the propane tank, go figure.  We drove all around Temple, but it seems everyone that knew how to fill up a propane tank doesn't work on Thursdays. Here we are having our first burgers.  They were Amazing!

Christine loved playing with Papa! Here they are playing on the porch during a rain storm.  Christine put on her rain boots and rain jacket.  We love our porch.
Christine also loved cooking with Nana.  I think she actually enjoyed eating the food more than the cooking process.  By the last day Nana was here, Christine was requesting "fancy breakfasts".


It was hard when Nana and Papa left.  Christine was spoiled by her grandparents.  Luckily we have Skype!

No comments: