Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Laboring Adventures

Yesterday evening we were pretty sure the baby was coming.  We thought Angela's water had broken, and she was having steady, hard contractions.  We excitedly packed and then took Christine over to our friends' house.  On the way into the hospital, Angela was contracting so hard she couldn't walk.  The nurse checked her and... no cervical change.  What!?!? Really!?!? so the doctor said we could walk around and try to get the labor going. 2 hours and about 40 contractions later, and she had dialated from a 2 to a 3...  They sent us home at 3 in the morning very disappointed.

6 hours later Angela had her OB appointment and the doctor told us that she had progressed a bit more, and he thought that she would go into labor later today!

After the appointment I made her pack boxes and run around cleaning all morning.  She was a trooper all morning, and the contractions were picking up.

We are back in the hospital now, and she is dialated to a 5!! so the baby is on its way!

As a side note, before we dropped off Christine today she informed us that we had forgotten several things the night before.  First, "Tangy Bear was cold last night.  She needs her pants."  When I went and got Tangy bear, she did, in fact, not have pants on.  Then she told us that we brought her pink blanket but that her favorite color is purple. "I need my purple blanket, too!"  I wonder what kind of kid Jacob is going to be.  We can't wait to meet him.

1 comment:

Katie B said...

Oh boy! I wonder if he's here already. Best of luck to all! Yay!