Thursday, April 4, 2013

Funny Christine


In Nursery, we have laminated pictures that represent the songs we sing.  Each kid gets to come up and chose the picture/song they want to sing.  For the "If you chance to meet a frown" song we have a smiling face that you can turn over to make it into a frowning face.  Well, last night Christine was being defiant.  I held her in my lap and told her when she does not obey she makes Daddy sad.  Then I asked her, "how can you make Daddy happy?"  She reached up to my exaggerated sad face and tried to push up the corners of my mouth and began singing the song.  I said, "No Christine, you make Daddy happy by obeying."  Defiantely she responded, "Turn Daddy's head over," and proceded to try and turn my head over. Exasperated she said "Oh no! Daddy's head is attached.  It won't turn over." At this point Angela and I could not keep up a stern face and began laughing.  Oh what are we going to do with this girl?  Sometimes she is just too cute!

She has also begun making up her own songs to sing.  Today in the bath tub she sung "cooking the water" over and over to a sort of tune.  She also sung to the tune of Ring around the Rosey, "Splishy, sploshy, we all fall down."  She also asked Daddy to sing with his lips and then made a weird hmming noise with her lips puckered out.  Her new favorite animals are Chimpanzees because we saw them eating tomatoes at the zoo.  So we thought she wanted me to make Chimpanzee noises. Turns out she wanted me to whistle.
This is her classic "say cheese" face.  She looks at the camera for one second, puts on this strange fake smile, closes her eyes and says "cheese, click".
  She is obsessed with the book Critter goes to the Dentist.  Which is rediculous, since she was terrified when we went to the dentist a few weeks ago.
She is quite a talker and spurts out long streams of sentences passing tangentially from one thought to the next.  If you ask her if she wants to play a game she says, "Yea! Let's play a board game. I love board games. Candy Land is a board game. Yea Candy Land is a good board game. I love Candy Land.  Maybe I draw cupcake."  From this stream of sentences you would think that we have several board games that she likes to play. No, we only play Candy Land.
We successfully got rid of the binkey over the last few weeks.  It was a rough transition especially since the apartment complex decided to do a huge remodel for the next 3 months.  They bang and pound throughout naptime.  I want a set of ear plugs and a binkey myself.  To get through it, we bought a brown noise MP3 from amazon-- that's the best 99 cents of static I've ever bought.  I don't know who decided to name certain static white and this static brown, but I think the brown static got a raw deal.  Brown noise sounds like bad bathroom humor.  It actually is very soothing.  They should have called it chocolate dream or something like that.

Our big rewards right now are to watch Blue's Clues or the Mickey Mouse Club House.  She also requested to watch Frasier with Daddy today.  Daddy shows include Frasier and Mythbusters. Christine often gives me permission to watch one of these shows if I'm especially good, or sometimes when I just go to the bathroom on my own.
This is a classic picture of Christine everyday.  She has her sunglasses on, her fancy necklaces, her sparkly braclet.  She has several of her "treasures" on the chair with her (in this case some colored plastic ball and a ring).  Tangy bear (our other daughter) is fully dressed sitting in her pink princess chair "watching".  Two of Angela's high heals are out in the living room.  The Dora car (her "bicycle") is out with the trunk open where she stores her treasures.  The pink bucket is also a favorite spot to hold her treasures.  The card board paper towel roll (her noodle), was claimed by her before we could throw it away.  And she is asking Daddy to move the chair in to the kitchen so that she can cook some soup. We love Christine! (Angela made both the yellow dress and the beautiful tunica. She is amazing!)

No comments: