Saturday, December 8, 2012

Return to Normal

I am happy to tell you all that the nausea is gone!  I was slowly having more good days than bad days, then one Monday morning (November 12th, 15 weeks prego) I woke up and felt amazing, no queasiness, no yellow bowl right by my side, no nausea bracelets, no prego pops, no zofran... it was definitely a strange feeling.  I had heard of people's nausea suddenly disappearing, but with Christine it was a slow and long, drawn-out process so I was expecting the same again. Given the choice, I would definitely choose the "here one day, gone the next" option.
Jeff took this picture about a month ago. At the time I was thinking, "SERIOUSLY Jeff? You are taking pictures right now? I am dying here. Put away that camera and go get a knife so you can remove all my internal organs." But now, I am grateful that Jeff captured this sweet moment.  Every time I threw up, Christine would tell Jeff "Mommy sick" and she would rush to my side bringing me my comfort items like watermelon sour patch candies, preggo pops, and lemon water. Then she would read me stories.

Man, I am sooooooo glad those miserable three months are over. Lucky for pregnancy brain I am already forgetting it all. Speaking of pregnancy brain, it is BAD! I forgot how bad it is! A few days ago Jeff dropped me off at Hobby Lobby while he got his hair cut across the street. I buckled Christine into the cart and walked down a couple aisles and tried to remember what I was planning to buy. I couldn't come up with a single thing. I had to call Jeff. "Hi honey.... uh do you remember what I wanted to get at the store?" If I remember right, I won't get my old brain back until this baby is 6 months old.
Christine pulled this basked out from under her crib, removed the blankets it was holding, dragged it to the living room and put in a pillow from the couch. Ha ha! She loves to pretend to read the Anne books. I read the entire series while I was sick. (I also watched all 6 seasons of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and rewatched all 3 seasons of Modern Family- luckily morning sickness gave me the excuse to buy the 3rd season)
The second day of being nausea free, I celebrated by making homemade bread sticks and spaghetti (I used this recipe for Olive Garden bread sticks- yum!). It was the first meal I had cooked in three months. I am sure that Jeff is excited to finally be off kitchen duty.

I am excited to be back! It really feels like I was in a coma for the last three months. As I have been cleaning up around the house I have been doing things like wiping my dry-erase calendar that had notes and plans for August, take down menu plans off the fridge from August, change the date on my calendar blocks from September to December (at least I updated my calendar once in September). Put away sewing projects I was in the middle of when I got sick. (for those of you following my sewing adventures, I was in the middle of designing a Princess Kate Burberry Coat knock-off for Project Run and Play. I was soooo close to finishing it too, I just had to sew on the belt loops!) It feels soooo strange to pick up all the pieces of my old life.

I know a lot of you will want to know, have the contractions started? Yes, they have. They started about this time for Christine too. Right now they are small and not very painful, and very infrequent. I have a new OB this time, and he is MUCH better than my old one, and he has a completely different philosophy on my "irritable uterus" so I don't think he will put me on bed rest this round. (crossing my fingers!!)

2 comments:

Ashley June said...

Yay! I'm glad that you are feeling better!!! I'll cross my fingers with you, no bed rest!

Katie B said...

1) I am so so so glad you're feeling better! I can't even imagine how miserable you must have been.
2) Christine is such a sweetheart and such a cutie!
3) I used to sit in laundry baskets with a pillow, just like Christine's doing. I guess it's a mark of a great woman :)
4)Isn't How I Met Your Mother fun? That's one of our staples. I can't wait to meet the mother!