For Halloween this year our costumes were inspired by one of Christine's favorite books, Fancy Nancy. When we went to the ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday, we were surprised by how many people had never heard of Fancy Nancy.
Fancy Nancy is a girl who loves to dress up. Her favorite color is fuchsia (that's a fancy way of saying purple she says). She teaches her family how to be fancy.
So Fancy Nancy helps her mom and dad dress up
Nancy says: "When we arrive at the King's Crown, everyone looks up. They probably think we're movie stars."
Everyone looked up to see US, and thought we were movie stars too! Actually they thought Christine was a princess fairy, and that Jeff and I were 20s flappers.
We had planned to do ballet ribbons on Christine's legs like in the book, but it was freezing here in Texas (the freezing point in Texas is below 72 degrees) so we had to put pants on her instead.
For our ward trunk or treat, the Primary wanted to do a few carnival games. We did a balance beam through a web of spiders. Some little kids were terrified of the spiders, others tried to stuff them in their trick or treat bags. Overall it was an easy game to put together and was a huge success.
I made Christine's trick or treat bag the night before. I felt bad that I didn't make our costumes this year, so at least I had a cute bag for Christine to put her candy in. She loves to haul it around the house and peak in to look at all her candy.
This year Christine really "got" Halloween, and made everything so much fun. Christine helped me put out the Halloween decorations around the house and loved all the pumpkins. Every day she would point out all the pumpkins and say "pumpkin! pumpkin!" and we would sing the song from Nightmare Before Christmas "This is Halloween, This is Halloween!" I just wish I wasn't sick so we could have done more things, like carve pumpkins and make pumpkin roll.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone else's costumes!




6 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! You guys are so great. I think these are fabulous costumes. Glad you got to get out and enjoy the trunk or treat. Our trunk or treat isn't until next friday. Yah, November 2! Crazy people! Oh well. Happy Halloween!
Aw!!! So FANCY! I think you did a grat job, you guys look just like them!
LOVE! those books are so cute, you did a great job! We like Olivia as well :)
Oh man, that's great! Such good translations from the illustrations. And Christine is OWNING that look.
So cute and ultra creative! I love the ribbon on your shoes Angela. Perfect. And little Christine is the perfect fancy nancy! :)
Post a Comment