Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's a boy!

I have photos of Thanksgiving to post on here, but we have big news! I went to my anatomy ultrasound yesterday and found out the gender of our baby. We are having a boy! What?! I will admit I was SHOCKED. I really thought it was a girl, I am still wrapping my head around the idea of having a boy. I don't know how to have a boy! I know how to have a girl. I have boxes of girl clothes, and pink nursery bedding!

Jeff and I were so confident we were having a girl that we already picked out a girl name, Madeline, that we have been calling the baby (poor little boy). Christine has become very attached to calling the baby Madeline (big mommy mistake!) but luckily I was able to talk to Christine and explain that new baby tricked us and Madeline is actually a baby doll that Santa Claus will bring us for Christmas! Christine was okay with that.

Jeff was in San Antonio at a residency interview when I went to my appointment so Jeff didn't know until last night when he got home. Christine and I made a puzzle for him to figure out. Jeff was so shocked, it was fun to watch him digest the information. At night when we were going to bed he was saying good night to baby and stopped himself, "Oh Crap!" it's a boy! I can't talk to him like this! How do I talk to a boy?!"

I am so happy to have a little boy, but I was a little disappointed when I realized that I don't get to make hair bows and ruffle diaper covers! I had BIG crafting plans for this little one, and I might have already made a car seat cover out of this floral fabric.
Um, I think I need to make a new one.


5 comments:

Joseph and Debra said...

Congratulations! We are looking forward to our new grandson.

Robyn said...

Congrats!!!!!! how exciting

Ashley June said...

Audrey is excited for her boy cousin!

kate said...

Congrats. Boys rock. And you can make adorable vests and bow ties. And ties. And suspenders. And knickers. And loafers. I had dreams of making them for McPherson but i don't anything if sweing. I'll live vicariously through you.

Katie B said...

Yay! Don't worry, boys are fantastic! You just have to be a little more careful when changing diapers. You're going to have so much fun!