Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Update on doctor's appointment

We went to the doctor's yesterday and got to see our baby! and she's doing great (we are calling her a she until we find out otherwise).  I admit, I was really nervous going in. I hadn't really let myself hope that we were having a baby. I learned the hard way that being pregnant doesn't necessarily mean you are going to have a baby in nine months. It was such a relief to see the little bean on the ultrasound and see it's little heart cells flashing, and then to hear the heart beat. I know that there is still a chance things won't work out, but I'm letting myself hope.

Luckily Jeff is doing research this month and is working from home. He has a very flexible schedule and so was able to come with me to the appointment and help with Christine. Christine was so excited to see the "new baby." I loved how she held the ultrasound pictures with such care and pointed to the pictures telling me, "new baby new baby"! and then "show Gigi! show Gigi!" haha

Now what everyone wants to know, I am 7 weeks. Due May 8th. It seems forever away.

Did you know that you can vomit so violently that the blood vessels under your eyes pop? Weird huh? When covered with make up it just looks like I got 50 new freckles under my eyes. They should disappear soon though.

3 comments:

Ashley June said...

Aw! What a cute little bean! That's crazy about the blood vessels, yeesh!

Katie B said...

I can't imagine what it you must have felt when you had a miscarriage and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I suppose though it makes you a little less frustrated when another set of capillaries burst when throwing up. Your bean is beautiful and again I'm SOOO excited for you!

~Ali said...

Oh my goodness! What great news! Congratulations. I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Hopefully jeff is giving you a lot of TLC. Congrats!