Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...

"This tree isn't very impressive, are you sure there aren't any more pieces in the box?"
"What exactly do you do with these ornaments?"
'"No, I don't think these should go on the tree. Let's put them in my toy box"
"These can go in my toy box? OK I will make a compromise"

This year was a completely different Christmas than last year. Last year I tried to comfort a screaming baby all day long with no time for anything Christmasy. I am not sad that Christine is no longer a baby. She was a lot of fun this year. We did a book countdown to Christmas by wrapping up 12 Christmas books and putting them under the tree. Each night we would unwrap a book and read it before bed. It took about five nights for Christine to get really good at unwrapping the books. Perfect practice for Christmas day!

1 comment:

Elliott said...

I really like the book countdown idea!