Tuesday, August 23, 2011

At the Beach

My sister Ashley and her husband Tyler came to visit us this month! (yes- during this insane heat wave, I don't know if they will ever come back!) We took them to the Museum of Fine Arts, drove them downtown, gave them a walking-tour of the medical center, and took them to the beach! Ashley wrote about their visit here, you should go look at her pictures, I love the ones of the squirrel feeding. We had a lot of fun playing with them, and Christine loved all the extra attention.

The beach was everyone's favorite part of the visit. We started off taking turns bogey-boarding and playing with Christine under the shade of our umbrella.
Christine tasted her first real cheeto (thanks to Uncle Tyler)
Last time we went to the beach Christine did not like the water or the sand at all, and I expected the same reaction. But Christine surprised me.
"Hey mom, what's all that water over there? Let's go play over there!"
"Hmmmm, odd texture, but it looks safe. I think I'm going to explore a little"
"It's kinda like the bath tub, but bigger!"
"Yes. I like this!"
"Let's go swimming Daddy!"
Ha ha! I just have to laugh at these pictures. Christine is fearless! The water would splash in her face and she'd swallow some. You would think this would scare her and make her cry, but no, she would cough and then laugh!

2 comments:

Ashley June said...

Well, after reading "ode to broccoli" I realized that the poor girl needed something good to eat!
-Tyler

Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun. Christine is such a cute girl!