Wednesday, July 6, 2011

9 Months Old

Christine will be 10 months old in three days, but don't worry these pictures were taken when she was barely 9 months old.
Every month I try to take pictures of Christine on our bed. This task is getting more difficult now that she is so mobile.
I had to resort to bribing with "star snacks" (Gerber puffs).
At Christine's 9 month appointment she weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces and measured 28 inches long. She is in the 60th percentile for height and 10th percentile for weight. The doctor was slightly concerned with her weight but it was the first week we began switching to formula. Now that she drinks formula she isn't limited to mom's supply and eats much more, so hopefully she'll stay in a healthy weight rage (I'm not worried).
Christine's favorite activity is playing with my make-up. Her old toys are "baby toys" and distract her for about 3 seconds, whereas mommy's makeup can distract her for at least 30 minutes. Her favorite item is my eye liner. She figured out how to pull the lid off the pencil in about 2 minutes. Once she learned how to get the lid off the eye liner she figured out how to pull the lids off of pens. She is so smart, I have to keep my eye on her!
She pulls herself to standing on anything she can reach and cruises around the furniture. She crawls everywhere and likes to haul her toys with her around the house. Every night I have to pick up so many toys/tupperware/plasticware/makeup (whatever is in Christine's grasp) that are scattered all around the house.
She still loves her books. We keep her books on the bottom two shelves of her bookshelf, and she LOVES to pull them all out. Every day I have to pick up all of her books off the floor and put them back. Her favorite books right now are the Green Eggs and Ham flap book, Going on a Bear Hunt, and Sheep in a Jeep.

We've introduced lots of new foods in the last month: real peas, shredded chicken, and Cheerios. Cheerios are definitely the all-time favorite (and great for when we are on-the-go).
Just look at that face! Her smiles make all the clean-up time worth it! (For the record, Jeff was the one feeding her, not me)

3 comments:

Dan said...

I love how she has food on her temples :) I often have the same problem. Its good to know I am not the only one.

Katie B said...

Dad's are always the messy feeders, aren't they?

Man, she she has a happy smile! I can't not even believe she's 10 months!

Jessica said...

You sure have one cute girl!