A couple of weeks ago I was having a very frustrating morning. I seemed to be moving in slow motion all morning. I had to be at the hospital early because we were admitting that day, so I was especially stressed to get there on time. After I hurried the couple blocks to the bus stop, I realized I had forgotten my wallet at home!!! So I had to dash home and wake-up Angela to drive me to school. (Parking is ridiculous at Baylor.) She was amazing, as always, and got ready ridiculously fast, for this reason she omitted all pictures of herself that morning.
Angela drove swiftly to school, that's our way of saying slightly over the speed limit but still safely, and she made record time. Christine was being amazing, not even crying as we rushed around. Usually when we wake her up early and rush her out into the car she is a bit upset, but this morning she didn't even make a peep.
When we got to Baylor, I rushed in the door and reached to show the security guard my ID badge I keep on my white coat, but my ID badge was gone! I was flabbergasted. I knew I specifically grabbed it that morning and attached it to my white coat. I desperately scanned the floor, sifted through my back pack, and checked all thousand pockets that my coat has. It was no where! It wasn't a big deal that day, I just had to show the security guard my license and get a temporary pass, but my clip had ALL my ID badges for ALL of the hospitals, and they are a ridiculous hassle to get. I texted Angela imploringly to search EVERYWHERE to see if she could find where it had fallen off. A few minutes later, Angela texted me back this story with a picture.
Hi Mom. How is your day going?
Oh my! Dad's looking for his ID badge. I can't imagine where it would be.
Wait! This is the ID badge he was looking for! I had no idea!!
Hahaha! O.k. Maybe I had a little idea. But I'm so small and innocent. No one can blame me for taking it.
And, now, he won't be able to go to school!! Haha!
2 comments:
She is tricky! Smart girl, just wants to keep her daddy home
Oh she is so cute! I love it when they know they've done something they shouldn't! My patients at the hospital love my id badge, especially the toddlers love that it can be pulled on the zip string! Take care!
Post a Comment