Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still Alive

Yes, I know you have all been worried that the colic killed us all. But, we are still alive.
Christine has a great "social smile" now, and it just melts my heart.
She's babbling now and more interactive. She also is spitting up more.
Christine is sleeping GREAT! She slept through the night for the first time last week! I think it bodes well for the future. Typically she wakes up once in the middle of the night, usually around 2 or 3am to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Her colic, though, is still bad. Most evenings are filled with LOTS of crying.
We are still sane because Janie (Jeff's mom) comes over at least once a week so I get a shower at least once a week! And at the beginning of November my mom flew out to see us again!! She stayed for a whole week. We loved having the help, and Christine loved being held all day.

5 comments:

The Carlsens said...

What has the doctor suggested for her colic?

Have you tried "Gripe Water"? Tyson wasn't colic-y but every once in awhile he'd get an upset stomach at night so I'd give him some of that and it seemed to work.

I'm sorry. My mother said I had colic as a baby and they made so many late night drives to get me to calm down and fall asleep. :(

Lindsey said...

Kenadi had colic too in the beginning and we put her on enfamil gentlease and it was a lifesaver for me. She was a different baby after that.

Jessica said...

I am so glad you are still alive! Christing is so beautiful! I love her. Cant wait for your trip out here!

Elliott said...

she is adorable! we want to come visit and hang out with her, er, I mean, you guys!

Alison said...

christine is be-a-uuu-tiful!! :)