Several people have commented that I haven't posted for quite some time now. Well, it's because I haven't been up to much! I left my job at the end of April. It was a tough decision to make, but I have had such a hard time with this pregnancy that Jeff and I decided it would be for the best. I liked my job and I will miss bioethics (and let's be honest, I am REALLY going to miss the paychecks.... Hello student loans!).
The morning of my last day of work
At the beginning of May, Jeff and I both flew up to Utah so I could attend Women's Conference with my mom and sisters. We bought the plane tickets before I started having contractions, so I was really worried about taking the trip. But luckily everything went well and my medicine was able to keep everything under control.
Women's Conference was great! This was my third year, but first time with my sisters. I enjoyed going back to BYU and seeing the campus, I have so many memories there. We attended several great, inspiring talks. I am excited for the talks to come up online so I can listen to the lectures I missed. If you want to listen to talks from previous years they are available here. I love to download the audio versions and load them on my ipod to listen to during the day.
One of my favorite parts of Women's Conference is the service projects. This year for my take-and-make projects (service kits that you pickup at the beginning of the conference, make while you attend all the lectures, then return your finished project at the end of the conference) I crocheted a pair of slippers and crocheted a border around a flannel baby bib. Then for the big Evening of Service event we all made tutu's that will be donated to little girls in hospitals or domestic violence shelters.
While I was at Women's Conference Jeff hung out in Layton documenting that it SNOWED while we were in Utah! (It was a climate shock compared to our nice Houston temperatures in the low 90's)
On the last day of Women's Conference, Jeff drove down to Provo to pick me up and go visit his sister Amy, and then some of our dear friends who live in Springville.
We are so excited that Amy will be leaving to serve a mission in Brazil this September.
After our trip, things have been a bit on the boring side. Jeff does homework and I work on little embroidery or cross-stitch projects that I can do sitting on the couch with my feet up. Yes it stinks, but I am just grateful that I am not on bed rest. I have to do what is best for the baby!
This is a cross stitch project I am working on, I'll post a picture when its finished.
This is a little bib I made for my friend Kristin who just had a baby girl.
And when I feel well (which is a lot more often now that I have quit my job) I like to cook. Here I am making Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls (I love PW's cookbook). I like this picture because I actually look pregnant. So far I think I just look fat and I can't wait until I have a huge belly that people can't possibly mistake for anything but a baby bump. I begin my third trimester in a week so hopefully that belly bump pops out soon!



3 comments:
no, there is no confusing that cute baby bump with chub, not on you. And I've been meaning to make those cinnamon rolls- how'd they turn out?
I was huge at the beginning of my third trimester! Your so lucky that your not very big, trust me. Less stretch marks haha. It will go so fast though!
You definatly look pregnant! I was put on bedrest at 16 weeks because I tore my placenta while working-so I also had to quit my job! I'm happy that you are able to relax and enjoy the pregnancy! Just think it will be the last time you will be able to do that-any pregnancies after this you will have another kiddo to look after! That crossstitch bib is adorable!!
Post a Comment