Sunday, September 6, 2009

Family Day

The day after the White Coat Ceremony was Family day at Baylor. Its an event Baylor hosts for the first year med students' families to come and see Baylor. Janie and Amy were sweet and came with us.
Jeff was able to show us the classrooms and auditoriums he spends most of his time in. These pictures are in his Quad, it is a study area designated for a specific group of students. This is where Jeff and I eat lunch together most days (when I don't have any meetings).

Isn't this an incredible view? The building you see to the left is the Jewish wing, which is where I work.

The highlight of the day was going to an anatomy lab. They had lots of brains and hearts and lungs in jars of formaldehyde that we could touch. They wouldn't let us see Jeff's cadaver, which was probably a good thing. The smell was terrible, it made me slightly nauseous. Amy and Jeff on the otherhand were in their element! Pointing out the structures of the organs while I stood back and took pictures.


Amy and Jeff holding a smoker's lung.

No comments: