Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Job

Well, as some of you may already know, I quit my job last week. Last friday was my last day. I wasn't very happy there and it was just getting worse. After putting in my notice, I started putting out job applications and interviewing at a few places, but it was a bit stressful not having a job and wondering if I was stupid for quiting my job before I had another job lined up. Thankfully I was only unemployed for a total of 5 days :) I now work for Heritage School, a residential treatment center for at-risk adolescents, as a Youth Counselor. Im really excited for this job- as part of the interview process I had to work with a girl's unit for a couple hours and I really enjoyed it. I will actually be able to do something that I went to school for!!

I also wanted to thank everyone for your congratulations to Jeff for his acceptance to Baylor. We really appreciate of all your support!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Your job sound like it will be tough, but rewarding. I'm glad you like it so far. The pumpkins look great!

Original Kos said...

That's really exciting. It's the worst to work a job you hate. I'm kind of going through that too with one of my jobs. But I'm going to try and stay for a little while longer.

Anyhow, congratulations again!

The Carlsens said...

It is great to see what you guys are up to! I knew that Jeff had gotten married but that has been all that I have known! Tell Jeff Hi for me. We lived in Kingwood!