Jacob hung out on a blanket while we dug in the dirt. I kept moving him to the center of the blanket, and he would shimmy over to the edge of the blanket as quick as he could to check out the grass, and try to eat it.
Christine was excited to help. She is holding up a tulip bulb here.
We explored a nearby nature trail, that I was really excited about.
and we just enjoyed spending time with Jeff. He has such a rough work schedule. There are times when Jeff goes 3-4 days without seeing Jacob. Jeff played a lot of doll house with Christine (her favorite activity).
Jacob is a crazy little monkey. His energy rivals Christine's, and that's saying something. Now that he is mobile he is getting into trouble left and right. Last week I was coloring with Christine and Jacob was hanging out next to us, then I look over and in about 2 seconds he had crawled out of the room around the corner to the laundry room, knocked over the little garbage can in there and had both hands full of dryer lint and his mouth covered in grey mush.
We pulled out the ol' jumper-roo from the attic and he loves it. I love it too, sometimes I just need to strap him down without worrying about him getting into trouble. He figured out how to jump really quick.
He finally decided that drinking from a bottle isn't the worse thing in the world. (he was throwing tantrums worthy of a 2 year old over drinking from a bottle- even if it held freshly pumped mommy milk) I feel so liberated now! I finally have the option of leaving him with someone else. Hopefully now that I can supplement his feedings the pediatrician won't be worried about Jacob's weight gain (he was flat lining a little bit, when he should be having a huge increase. I think it's because the kid is so dang active. Other babies his age still just lay on a blanket all day).
This hassle over getting him to drink a bottle is funny because he loves to eat his baby food. His favorites are pears and applesauce. I have started to make my own baby food, and it's really fun!
The end of the month we had a little Halloween fun and went trunk or treating with the ward. Christine had a blast collecting candy saying things like "Halloween is the best because it's all about getting dressed up" (I believe she was quoting fancy nancy) After collecting her candy she would wave to everyone around her as if she were the Queen of England. She's already planning next year's Halloween costumes.

No comments:
Post a Comment