When I was growing up, one of my favorite fall activities was going to the pumpkin patch. So when I heard that there was a local pumpkin patch here in Temple I knew I wanted to bring the kids. It was much bigger than the "pumpkin patch" at the park in Houston, but it still couldn't compare to the pumpkin patches in Utah (hay mazes, fields of pumpkins etc) it was more a "Christmas tree farm with a pumpkin display." The place is called the "Silo Christmas Tree Farm" after all, so I shouldn't have been surprised. Regardless, we still had a great time.
Christine did NOT like feeding the goats. We paid three tickets to receive our little cup of feed, entered the feeding area, and the goats came rushing towards us. Christine freaked out and begged to be picked up. She was okay with Daddy feeding the goats while she watched. Daddy got quite the work out.
I love this picture. You can just see Jacob leaning over as far as he can trying to see the blue snow cone, figuring out how do I get that goodness in me?!
The pumpkin patch had a little tractor train that Christine was hesitant about at first. All the kids rode in the train while the parents walked alongside.
Finally, we got to pick out a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch...errr bales of hay. Christine chose this one "because it smelled good and had some orange in it."
Hopefully we will carve it for Halloween in just a week in a half! (I say hopefully because I bought a small pumpkin from the grocery store that I had to throw out this week because it molded. sad day)
No comments:
Post a Comment