Ya, ya, I'm behind in updating the blog. Life is still in "crazy survival mode" Here's a brief summary of July
July started with Jeff beginning residency. This is Jeff on his first day of residency wearing lovely green VA scrubs. It's really weird that people call him Dr. Hamaker. Residency is good as far as residency goes. Waking up at 4am, taking night call, only getting 2 weekends off a month.
We all looked pretty for church so we ran outside to take a couple photos. We had to rip out that bed of yellow flowers because we had a rat burrow in there (EWWWW! We put out traps and killed several and haven't seen any since. phew!)
Getting ready for church
Jacob turned 3 months old on July 30th. He's has GERD and colic (what?!) We give him quite the regimen of medicine/probiotics/gripe water/gas drops. At first the screaming was pretty bad, but we got it all under control. It's nothing compared to what Christine was as a baby.
Jacob's not the best sleeper in the world. I pulled out my trusty baby sleep training books and started implementing some changes that have started to help. I am sure looking forward to getting a good night's sleep. I think that is the turning point in regaining my sanity. I'm praying that day is coming soon.
Christine is a good big sister. She's very helpful most days. (see that wreath on the floor? it finally got hung up on the wall- about the only decorating that's been done on our house)Jacob loves his swing, especially the bears. He is so fascinated by them. It gives me a full 5 minutes to do things like make Christine's lunch.
Christine is so smart. She surprises me so often by her language skills.
July was my birthday. Jeff managed to find a little bit of time a few days before to make some cheesecake brownies for me (we never know when Jeff will actually be home so when he got home early we decided it was a good time to celebrate, but then Jeff got paged back to the hospital so it had to be postponed one more day). I bought myself a serger for my birthday. I've just done a few things with it but it's awesome!Christine wanted the piece in the very middle
Other highlights of the month:
- Our visiting rabbit "floppsy" had little babies that like to eat my zucchini blossoms.
- SOOOOO hot. It feels so much hotter here than in Houston. I miss the green of Houston, and the rain storms. Everything here in Temple is dead and brown. Next summer I might just go to Utah for the whole summer to get away from the heat.
1 comment:
Lots that I could say about this post (its awesome) but I wanted to quickly mention that I noticed your photography skills are getting really good! Strong work. =)
Post a Comment